Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
Part-time Marketing/Communication Resource
The American Horse Council is seeking a marketing/communication resource who is knowledgeable about the equine industry to identify, develop and place content across multiple channels. Ideal candidate will be a team player who is energetic, organized, creative, and a self-motivated individual who thrives in fast-paced, collaborative work.
This position is 20 hours per week (or 80 hours per month), and remote based. Position will report to and support the AHC President.
• plan and implement marketing campaigns across departments through variety of channels
• analyze data to inform future strategies
• write/edit copy for all platforms - web, social, webinars, print and develop graphics to accompany content as needed
• manage social media
• manage content for website
• attend AHC bi-weekly staff meetings (Wednesday’s at 10 AM ET) to pick up ideas and/or pitch ideas to staff to develop content. Content should include current/emerging issues to keep the equine community engaged on legislation, regulatory and industry initiatives.
• measure effectiveness/success of published content to inform future campaigns
• bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or journalism is preferred with a minimum 2-3 years’ practical experience in published writing, editing, executive communications and scripts.
• technology transfer experience is preferred but not required. Knowledge of tools such as feathr, meltwater, survey monkey, hootsuite a plus.
• strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
• excellent written skills including a command of English grammar, usage, and vocabulary.
Persons interested should send their resume and 3 references to AHC President, Julie Broadway, firstname.lastname@example.org