Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
Job Opening at LEGISequine.com
LEGISequine.com is a boutique insurance agency seeking a career-oriented individual looking to be part of a dynamic, collaborative team. Horse knowledge is a must, combined with strong customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Full Time (NOT a remote position):
• Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00
• Work activities on four to six weekends per year
• Located in Burbank, CA
• Salary & Benefits
• Salary range starts at $27,500 - $30,000 annually with opportunity to increase in three to six months.
Skills and experience:
• Strong people skills with an emphasis on phone calls with clients. No cold calling required.
• Administrative tasks requiring timeliness, accuracy, and able to follow multiple steps.
• Willingness to learn and continually enhance skills.
• Knowledge of horses and horse industry.
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, internet, obtaining data from a database
• Ability to research problems or issues and provide history, assist with solutions, and help implement agreed upon solutions.
The successful person will:
• Thrive working as part of a dynamic, focused Team in a collaborative manner.
• Be detailed oriented, organized, and accurate.
• Take responsibility for personal actions as well as contributing to the Team.
• Embrace the challenges and rewards of working for a dynamic, growing company.
• View education as a lifelong process and seek to continually learn and grow as a person and in one’s career.
• Be able to work under pressure and deadline with accuracy and composure.
• Be willing to “roll up one’s sleeves” as needed for special projects and situations.
• Obtain a California insurance license within 45 days of hire date.
For more information please contact:
Sarah Rajoy, Operations Manager or
Brooke Goddard, Marketing Coordinator
We ask that interested candidates provide a resume or letter of introduction that includes work and education experience, and two references. We have an office cat, so don’t apply if you have allergies!
Practical Horseman Multimedia Content Manager
Summary: Practical Horseman, an award-winning multimedia English equestrian brand, is seeking an innovative, entrepreneurial professional who has proven experience with digital, video and print platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a team-oriented attitude who wants to combine a passion for the sports of dressage, eventing and hunters/jumpers with expertise in communication and content creation through a variety of platforms.
• Experience developing strategy and creating content for multiple media platforms in the sports of dressage, eventing and hunters/jumpers, as well as tracking metrics and meeting/outperforming those goals
• Strong communication, project management and editorial skills
• Experience creating marketing opportunities for internal programs and external organizations
• Comfortable collaborating with team and working independently
• Some travel to competitions and video/photo shoots
• Develop content for dressage subscription video on-demand (SVOD) site, including video content calendar, featured clinicians’ list, video-shoot list and video-release schedule
• Attend video shoots as needed
• Time stamp, review and upload videos to content web site
• Coordinate with marketing manager on organic and paid content promotions for SVOD
• Collaborate with content team to develop new ideas for SVOD
• Develop/write content for Dressage Today digital platforms—website, social media, newsletters, digital publication
• Assist in developing Practical Horseman magazine content (write, edit, assign)
• Oversee Dressage Today podcast (interviews, production)
• Assist with Practical Horseman digital platforms as needed
• Assist with Practical Horseman podcast as needed (interviews, production)
• Assist in creating sponsorable social-media programs for Practical Horseman
• Collaborate with content director to develop additional SVOD sites for Practical Horseman brand
• BA in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
• 7+ years related work experience
• Programs: Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, content management systems, video on-demand platforms, social media
• Knowledge of English equestrian sports
The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Reports to English content director
• Works with vice president membership services, English content director, membership marketing coordinator, Practical Horseman multimedia content assistant, videographers, freelance writers and photographers
About Practical Horseman
Practical Horseman provides hands-on how-to information on riding, training, equine health and competitions for English riders through multimedia channels including print, digital, social media, podcasts and events. Respected experts in the disciplines of dressage, eventing, hunters and jumpers share in-depth information to help readers and followers become well-rounded riders and horse-care managers. Personal stories create a sense of community from top professionals to dedicated amateurs, helping foster the dream of being the best horseperson possible. To meet the needs of our devoted dressage audience, we provide additional dressage content through Dressage Today’s strong digital and social-media channels, podcast and video on-demand site.
About The Equine Network
The Equine Network provides and creates world-class events, services and content for passionate horse enthusiasts while connecting them to each other and the marketplace. Events include the world’s top team roping experiences—the U.S. Team Roping Championships, the World Series of Team Roping and the National Rodeo Finals. Membership programs feature USRider, providing emergency roadside assistance for equestrians, and Horse&Rider OnDemand and Dressage Today OnDemand, training video sites for committed riders. Best-in-class equine marketing services focus on custom videos, social-media campaigns and targeted solutions. Legacy print magazines include EQUUS, Horse&Rider, Practical Horseman and The Team Roping Journal, and their multimedia platforms—websites, podcasts, social media, newsletters, digital publications—bring storytelling to a new level to meet the needs of devoted audiences.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resumes to Scott Roeder at email@example.com