Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
The Chronicle of the Horse is hiring!
The Chronicle of the Horse
Location: Middleburg, VA (No telecommuters)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join the editorial staff of the most highly regarded sport horse news publication in the United States. Known for its award-winning journalism and independent reporting, the Chronicle has a rare opening for a full-time editorial staff member. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of competitive English horse sport, familiarity with the Chronicle and all of its publications, and excellent writing skills. Duties include covering shows online and in print, photography, writing features, news writing, proof reading, fact checking and research. Travel and some weekend work required. Knowledge of AP Style, Wordpress CMS, Adobe InCopy and Photoshop helpful. Applicant must work in the Middleburg, Va., office.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include vision, medical, dental and life insurance. Paid time off, compensation for weekend work, flexible hours.
Application should include a cover letter, resume and writing samples. Send via email to email@example.com.
About Us: The Chronicle of the Horse is the nation’s most trusted source for news, results and commentary for the English sport horse industry. Between our print and digital magazines and our website, we reach more than 250,000 sport horse enthusiasts each week. Targeted to competitors and equestrian sport fans, we report on the biggest hunter/jumper shows, dressage shows, events and steeplechases, as well as foxhunting and major shows abroad. Regular features include in-depth profiles, valuable health care and training tips, insightful opinion and commentary, all geared to the serious horse person.
Jack of all Social Media Trades - Emphasis in Graphics and Video Design
Grand Slam Social is a boutique Social Media agency seeking a talented creative individual who can complete projects involving Graphics and Video Design as well as creative Copywriting and Social Media Pubbrshing. This position is trbry ideal for a Jack of all Social Media Trades. The ideal appbrcant will be, a quick learner, organized, enthusiastic and preferably passionate about horses.
Experience using the following social media platforms is preferred: Facebook / Facebook brVE, Instagram / Instagram Stories, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat and YouTube.
Candidate will be responsible for working closely with our creative team on all aspects of Social Media marketing, with specific concentration in content creation for both graphics and videos. Weekend availabibrty is required.
Design print and digital marketing materials
Create/edit promotional videos
Work collaboratively with account directors and creative team to strategically develop graphic and video projects
Manage various monthly marketing collateral, projects, and initiatives
Posting graphics and videos to various social media accounts with the abibrty to adapt to the voice of each individual account
Come up with creative copy for social media posts
BA/BS in a related field or comparable experience
At least two years of related visual communications and marketing experience
Design skills for both digital and print material preferred (print not required)
Video skills from pre-production through post - including storyboards and editing
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
Experience with video hardware and editing software including AfterEffects, Premiere/ Final Cut X
Detail oriented with the abibrty to manage mbrtiple projects simbrtaneously
Abibrty to work autonomously – must possess a self-driven mentabrty
Energetic, forward thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or iWork
Abibrty to work in a collaborative environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Must brve in one of the following states: Kentucky, New York, Cabrfornia, Colorado, South Carobrna, or Texas
Location: This is a remote position and does not require commuting into an office
Job Type/Hours: This is a part time position requiring 25-30 hours / week.
Compensation: Monthly retainer dependent on experience level
If this sounds brke you, we want to hear from you! Please email a cover letter, resume, and portfobro (with examples of your graphic and video design) to Molly McGill firstname.lastname@example.org
Equine Account Manager II
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The role of the Equine Account Manager II is to qualify high value opportunities in order to grow and retain existing equine accounts. The role is primarily phone based (our service is all online). This position has full accountability and responsibility for meeting and exceeding monthly revenue targets while managing all aspects of client engagement ensuring a positive outcome and experience. This position is ideally based in Portland, Maine though highly qualified remote candidates will be considered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Master the incredible business transformation Covetrus offers to equine veterinary practices, including how the platform and service brings back clients, manages prescriptions, reduces inventory, and provides a pathway to overall business growth.
· Expertise in providing appropriate client value proposition and return on investment calculations to ensure effective client business development experience.
· Identify growth opportunities to increase sales from top accounts and the highest growth potential accounts. Create strategic business plans and gain commitment from practice owners and practice leadership teams.
· Pursue great opportunities to bring on new practices and develop existing ones. Your ability to rapidly assess territory opportunities and effectively reach decision makers by phone will be a key to success.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly territory business plans and forecasting. Present these plans to the Covetrus senior leadership team.
· Ask great questions to understand the key players in the practice and their needs. Be a true consultant and provide innovative ideas and solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
· Now the fun part: work with the practice's management team to set goals, train the team and follow up to share their success. Set targets for re-engagement by implementing business plans to ensure goals are achieved and the practice is consistently proactively recommending our products
· Maintain full, accurate and timely Customer Relationship Management (CRM) records for all client and prospect activity in order to support company learning, report generation, and general territory management.
· Ability to deliver a high level of account management to the rest of the territory to ensure satisfaction and client engagement and provide additional education and training on the platform, upgrades and enhancements.
· Monitor sales performance metrics and analyze your percent to goal with the ability to continuously adjust daily performance, as needed, to ensure goals are met.
· An important part of your job will be to provide insights, product improvement and enhancement ideas, and process improvement suggestions; expectations are to initiate improvements on your own and share with your colleagues.
· Be a great team player and a high-energy individual contributor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· B.S. or B.A. in business or scientific discipline. Veterinary or medical education a definite plus.
· Minimum 3 years of previous sales and/or applicable business experience a must.
· Understanding of the Equine veterinary pharmaceutical market and experience in an Equine veterinary practice, boarding barn or other Equine healthcare or scientific industry is ideal.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
Sales skills and a proven track record of closing success, as well as, strong client management experience. Attributes include:
· Highly goal-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to prepare and present goal-focused sales proposals
· Strong ability to multi-task
· Strong interpersonal skills—able to quickly establish rapport at any level of an organization
· Able to absorb and articulate technical information
· Outstanding presentation and teaching skills
· Great organizational and problem-solving skills with excellent ability to manage time
· Ability to work independently while being a great team player
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to identify customer service issues and facilitate their resolution
· Strong empathy and fierce desire to retain, gain and grow customers
· Strong communication skills with the ability to manage all aspects of client and stakeholder engagement
· Computer and online proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SFDC)
· Quick and avid learner, especially with veterinary medical and pharmaceutical terminology
· Resiliency and flexibility in start-up environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Pet friendly office environment.
· Extensive phone and computer use.
· Some business travel required (up to 30% of time).
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated with undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.