Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
Digital Media & Communications Coordinator
Salary: $45,000-$50,000. May be higher, depending on experience
Reports: Director of Public Relations, Animal Wellness Action and the Center for a Humane Economy
Animal Wellness Action, the Center for a Humane Economy, and its affiliated organizations are seeking a digital media and communications coordinator.
The role will support the Director of Public Relations and drive our online advocacy and fundraising activities in pursuit of animal protection goals.
We are an action-oriented organization that is committed to being thorough, nimble and fast when it comes to helping animals with our content, lobbying and advocacy.
Regularly post on social media and drive growth of our constituency on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, making creative, well-designed posts that attract attention and reinforce our other communications strategies.
Work with the director of public relations to receive drafts, edit, post and email multiple types of content
• Press releases
• Social media and posts
Provide layout and distribution planning and execution for outbound email campaigns for calls to action and fundraising
Support the growth of audiences to our organization’s mailing lists and social media channels
Work inside our donor-management SaaS to support the segmentation of our lists and our communications with them
Monitor existing metrics and help develop and maintain additional ones
Provide prompt, thorough follow-up on communications and some marketing needs of internal clients
Contribute to a culture of excellence, characterized by a sense of urgency
• 2-5 years of experience with online mail services and list management
• Mastery of social media and other online best-practices
• Ability to post content, including art, through a WordPress-based CMS
• Ability to support and improve the design and execution of our content delivery and social media posts
• Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting deadlines
• Location in Eastern Time Zone or a commitment to working 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Eastern Time Zone. (Note: Because we respond quickly to relevant news and political activities, applicants should expect activity outside those hours.)
• A love of animals and a passion for improving their lives
• Strong writing and editing skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should be submit a resume, cover letter and salary history to Joseph Grove, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graphic and Video Specialist
MyRacehorse is fast becoming a key player in the horse racing industry, offering fans an opportunity to own racehorses at a fraction of the price. The ideal applicant will be a quick learner, organized, enthusiastic and preferably passionate about horses.
Experience understanding the graphic and video needs for the following, social media platforms, digital web banners, print campaigns, and website pages built using Elementor.
Candidate will be responsible for working closely with our content team on fulfilling orders from all MyRacehorse departments including, racing, marketing, social, customer service, events, and corporate. You will also have the unique opportunity of working globally with our UK and Australia companies.
• Design print and digital marketing materials
• Edit promotional videos
• Create/edit web pages using elementor or wordpress
• Work collaboratively with account directors and creative team to strategically develop graphic and video projects
• Manage various monthly marketing collateral, projects, and initiatives
• BA/BS in a related field or comparable experience
• At least three years of related visual communications and marketing experience
• Design skills for both digital and print material preferred
• Video skills from pre-production through post - including storyboards and editing (filming not necessary)
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Experience with video hardware and editing software including AfterEffects, Premiere/ Final Cut X
• Experience using Word Press’ Elementor
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work autonomously – must possess a self-driven mentality
• Energetic, forward thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative ever-changing environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Additional Information :
Preferably this candidate would be located in Lexington Kentucky and could work out of our Lexington office however we are open to this being a remote position so location can be anywhere within the United States.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio (with examples of your graphic and video design).
Job Type: Full-time
Health and Dental Insurance Provided
• Video Production: 3 years
• Graphic Design: 3 years
Please submit your Resume and Portfolio to: email@example.com
Development and Membership Coordinator
FUNCTION: Maintains Pony Club Member, Club, Center, Region and Donor records; ensures financial accuracy of donations, membership, administrative and other dues and fees; maintains integrity of the donor/membership database(s)/records; generates necessary reports, contact lists and correspondence. Provides customer support for members, parents, leaders, other volunteers and donors via mail, email, phone, in-person and other contact formats. Provides other general administrative support to Development and Member Services Departments as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Accurate and attentive to detail, good telephone manner, and ability to work with constituents, members, volunteers and public. Competent in typing, spelling and math skills. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Work well under pressure, within deadlines and able to prioritize projects. Knowledge of current fundraising strategies, special event planning and marketing. Computer proficiency necessary; Microsoft Office applications, database experience, Crystal report experience and/or desire to learn. Equivalent to high school graduation; some college or degree desirable. Some travel and overtime (evening and weekend hours) work may be required.
1 Enters and updates membership and constituent data in computer, including participating and supporting members, parent/emergency contact, officer, donor, and alumni information. Maintain database integrity through club/center/region and individual file verification. Works to continuously improve accuracy. Secure missing, late or inaccurate information and proper membership dues and other fees from clubs, centers, regions and individuals, including bill collection.
2 Responds to inquiries concerning USPC records and membership status, providing reports and information as requested. Inform Director of Member Services and Regional Administration of concerns and questions about general membership and database. Works with Systems Administrator/Content Manager and Membership Coordinator to maintain current reports and record accuracy as needed.
3 Responsible for entering, crediting and acknowledging all donations to USPC. Manages acknowledgements to donors including tax letters, emails, donor recognition gifts. Assist with assignment/processing of dues, initiation, insurance, late fees, and other fees (as necessary) in the database and to the appropriate general ledger account, using established account codes. Works with Membership Coordinator and/or Staff Accountant as applicable in processing membership returns/refunds and month-end reconciliation of fundraising accounts. Maintains check copy files as applicable for donations and sponsorships.
4 Coordinates the online USPC Scholarship Program and works closely with the Scholarship Committee, a sub-committee of Development. This includes updating and maintaining the online applications, corresponding with applicants, the review process, and the awarding of scholarships.
5 Verifies eligibility/compliance requirements for members, leaders and other individuals, including CM payment, background check and required training completion. Assist with sending invoices for unpaid CMs.
6 Assist with maintenance of reports and submissions - including hard copy paperwork - as necessary for membership, club, center and regional information. Reviews year-end processes, suggesting upgrades and edits as applicable. Reviews year-end submissions for accuracy and completion. Follows up as needed for incorrect, incomplete or missing information and payments.
7 Assists Membership Coordinator with new member and other member/leader mailings as necessary. Assists with proofreading of USPC publications, online resources, membership materials and communications marketing and promotional materials. Works with other departments in ensuring that relevant information is complete and accurate.
8 Update database as appropriate following Board of Governors / Executive Committee meetings including (but not limited to): region changes, club name changes, club status changes. Updates officer changes throughout year as necessary. Send correspondence as necessary.
9 Daily correspondence and customer support via telephone and email regarding club/center/region and membership matters as necessary. Provides technical support for members, leaders, parents, donors and others in utilizing USPC website and online system. Respond to general membership inquiries. Answers main phone line as backup for receptionist when necessary.
10 Participate on Development Committee and others as assigned through conference calls, research, emails and face-to-face meetings as necessary. Works closely with the Development Staff and Marketing on fundraising initiatives, mailings, creative design and social media. May also work with various Pony Club committees to assist on special fundraising projects.
11 Undertakes any additional tasks that may be assigned by the Director of Member Services and Regional Administration, Development Director or Executive Director.
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Director of Member Services and Regional Administration and Development Director. Works closely with Membership Coordinator, Systems Administrator/Content Manager and Receptionist/Office Administrator. Must be able to work with all staff and volunteer leadership.
The position is on site. To apply, contact Karen Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Fulfillment Coordinator
Coordinate and conduct the activities involved in digital marketing campaigns to ensure goals are achieved for internal promotions and clients. The Digital Fulfillment coordinator will work directly with the sales team campaigns to drive results and ensure campaign success across websites, email and social media.
Responsibilities involved in digital marketing programs including but not limited to:
• Create, manage, and analyze campaigns including display, video, email marketing, website creation, etc.
• Fully manage online auctions, database organization, and communication with clients
• Communicate with the sales team about the specific digital packages sold to individual clients; requests from clients; and strategic and tactical recommendations for clients to achieve best results
• Produce reports to be provided to clients and for internal needs
• Research and understand advertising and digital media industry trends to best assist clients in achieving their advertising objectives
• Coordinate the trafficking of digital products between sales support and fulfillment
• Tagging clients in photos in Facebook posted by our show team
• Other duties or special projects, as assigned.
Key Skills Required:
• Values driven - focus on the customer, build trust, collaborate and communicate with team members, be invested in Arabian Horse Times growth and development, always strive for excellence, foster innovation, adaptable and flexible
• Keen understanding of cultural and social aspects of the equine industry
• Understanding and appreciation for the global Internet landscape including websites, web design, email marketing, display ads, SEO, SEM, social media and programmatic advertising
• Relevant web management and optimization experience
• Proven experience with email list management and re-engagement campaigns
• Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision, but also able to effectively work within a team
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects and brands simultaneously under deadlines
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and data-driven thinking
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a marketing communication, computer science or digital advertising related field preferred
• Proven track record in content optimization within CMS platforms such as WordPress
• Knowledge of the social media landscape with Facebook Ads Manager specifically
• Knowledge of latest SEO and SEM practices, along with Google Ads Manager
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Familiarity with various photo and video editing software and platforms such as Adobe CC
• Ability to create and modify artwork in Adobe photoshop
• Familiarity with email platforms such as Constant Contact
• Travel and weekend work during shows and events is required
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sara Thomas, email@example.com.
Position remote or on-site.
District Sales Manager
The District Sales Manager (DSM) is the General Manager for his/her territory. The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to optimize distribution via Farm and Feed Dealers (and similar retail accounts) while also managing and servicing existing dealer and farm accounts. In addition, the DSM will provide technical support, merchandise customer locations, sell-in the marketing calendars and build customer promotions using marketing funds (MDF). This position exists to ensure the delivery of gross sales value and scorecard measures for Mars Horsecare for the assigned business segments. Accountable for profitable business growth via the achievement of specific gross sales value, improvements in store merchandising metrics (including SKUs/store, preferable positioning, signage/POP placement, and developing Ambassadors/influencers in the store), and distribution targets.
This position is field based and reports directly to a Regional Sales Manager. The position requires a high degree of integrity with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in an independent fashion without direct supervision. DSM’s are responsible for setting their own schedules and work in a variety of retail settings and conditions. This position may require occasional overnight travel.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s Degree or significant experience in Animal Nutrition field sales or related area with expertise or experience in the equine nutrition
• Will consider furthering education within this field
• Functional administrative skills (basic Microsoft Suite, Excel, PP, Work, Outlook)
• 4 + years previous sales experience preferred
• Equine industry experience strongly desired
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Demonstrate ability to work remotely
• Must live within territory boundaries
What will be your key responsibilities?
• Responsible for the Northeast region of the U.S. for Mars Horsecare, with primary focus in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and surrounding states
• Lead formal sales management processes, including responsibilities and performance standards; goals, targets, KPIs, best practices and success models; PDP.
• Develop and manage current and prospective independent retailers within the territory. Develop a territory plan including investment and expected return (ROI).
• Formulate a strategy for top key distributor accounts and define objectives and goals, including optimizing distribution, increasing account penetration with additional SKUs and garnering recommendations at retail.
• Support and provide insights to team impact planning session
• Support cross functional teams with a sales perspective to other functions, collaborating with R&D, Marketing and Logistics on projects including, but not limited to Pricing, Distribution, SKU Rationalization, Promotional Calendars, Category Management, etc.
• Must be incredibly organized, prioritizing critical activities and leveraging sales skills and given sales tools to achieve or exceed agreed objectives.
• Develop effective and productive relationships within all levels of customer responsibility, as well as within the sales business unit.
• Prospect retail and barn calls within a specified area, based upon a target list/pipeline development.
• Manage customers relations as the key point person relating to daily operations of the business (pricing, allowances, deduction management, etc.)
• Measure and evaluate specific territory business (KPI’s, trends, gaps/opportunities, what’s working/not working). Provide solutions where gaps exist and execute these solutions accordingly. Own and lead this territory story with management team.
• Participate in team conference calls, training and attend all sales meetings.
• Provide input in terms of collaborative planning, recommending new approaches and processes that ensure better customer planning, input, and alignment of improved activity sets.
What can you expect from Mars?
• Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
• Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
• Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
• An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE
Digital Editor - Team Roping Journal and Breakaway Roping Journal
Equine Network, LLC
(Full time; remote okay)
• News writing, 1–3 years (Preferred)
• Social media management, 1–3 years (preferred)
• Bachelor's in marketing, communications or journalism (Required)
Full Job Description
The Equine Network, LLC is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented content creator and digital editor to join the team of The Team Roping Journal and The Breakaway Roping Journal. The person in this role will play a critical part in our content creation efforts, working with the senior managing editor and associate editor to create and manage daily website content and maintain all social channels for these vibrant brands, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest. The ideal candidate will also contribute to our subscription video platforms (Roping.com and Breakawayroping.com) as well as manage digital content projects for major industry advertisers and events—including news and event coverage—across the TRJ and BRJ brands. The digital editor will also be responsible for production of ‘The Score’ (semi-weekly) and ‘Short Score’ (bi-weekly) podcasts. This role will require travel to events. This is a full-time position, and ability to travel to the Boulder, Colorado, office quarterly is required. Day-to-day work is done remotely, making access to reliable, quality internet a must.
• Experience in journalism, especially pertaining to the equine industry
• Comfort and familiarity with AP Style and inverted-pyramid news writing for event coverage
• Mastery of SEO and related practices to optimize digital content visibility
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Social media management, including use of graphic tools like Canva
• Ability to plan and execute a digital content schedule
• Natural understanding of team roping and breakaway roping, and the complexity of each industry
• Ability to work on a team and independently is a must. This is a truly versatile role.
• Exceptional time-management qualities including creating, maintaining and deploying multiple projects on set deadlines
• Ability to identify appropriate practices, and opportunities to maximize results for content initiatives
• Understanding of multiple brand and industry standards and ability to implement in production
• Ability and willingness to learn and engage with new technology, practices, people and procedures.
• Pitch and plan at least 2–3 event coverage stories per week across TRJ and BRJ
• Assign digital content to freelance pool to ensure content goals are reached
• Properly format and deploy print magazine digital content on a monthly schedule
• Take finished podcast interviews from Editorial Director and Associate Editor and edit and upload them across streaming channels using podcast distribution platform. ‘The Score’ podcast comes out every other week, while The Short Score is weekly and The Score’s Roping Tips podcast is also weekly.
• Create engaging video content for TikTok, both from events and using existing SVOD content.
• Work with roping photographers to complete photo research to accompany articles
• Appearances and interviews on ‘The Score’ and ‘The Breakdown’ podcasts as needed
• Act as the liaison between freelance contributors and the accounting team to produce and wrangle assignment contracts, invoices and associated documents related to our digital products
Desired Proficiencies (in order of importance)
• Microsoft Office
• Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Audition, inDesign and PhotoShop
To apply, interested persons should submit their resumes to Gabby Schiavino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelance Writers and Photographers
The Carolinas Equestrian is seeking freelance editorial queries, freelance writers and freelance photographers available to work on assignment. Under new ownership this year, TCE is a full color regional magazine covering North and South Carolina. Writers must be familiar with equestrian life in the area, able to meet deadlines and willing to revise copy as needed.
Please send resume, clips and queries to email@example.com.
BloodHorse LLC, the leading provider of information and news for the Thoroughbred industry, has an opening for a full time Videographer/Editor based in Lexington, Kentucky.
BloodHorse LLC is a dynamic multimedia company that produces the BloodHorse monthly magazine; an industry-leading website at Bloodhorse.com; the newly launched BH+, a web-based subscription section featuring premium content; and BloodHorse Daily, a PDF and mobile news service that provides analysis and all-day updates for racing and breeding professionals. BloodHorse LLC also manages a broad range of social-media platforms and publishes a range of other respected Thoroughbred industry-focused publications.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Videographer/Editor to join our team! As a Videographer/Editor at our company, you will be responsible for capturing, editing, and producing videos for display on Bloodhorse.com. As video has become the best way for communicating company messages on online platforms, your position will play an important role in our company's success. Knowledge of Thoroughbred breeding and racing is preferred but not required.
• Capture studio-quality photographs and video
• Work both on and off-site
• Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
• Maintain video production planner and video calendar, strategically scheduling content
• Help plan and execute video features based off metrics and success rate of previous content
• Work with our creative teammates
• Regularly collaborate with marketing team
• Follow the company's brand guidelines
• Present to senior management
• Assist in developing and maintaining an overall video brand messaging strategy
• Ability to multitask
• BA/BS or similar degree
• 2+ years of experience as video specialist of a similar role
• Experience in using video, audio and lighting equipment
• Creative thinker
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro and/or other video editing software applications.
• Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics is preferred
Send resume to Meredith Helm at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested or apply on indeed at https://www.indeed.com/job/videographereditor-e140d02f3fe7032d.
The American Quarter Horse Association
An Account Executive will work directly with the association’s current and future advertisers and sponsors as well as internal departments within AQHA. The role of an Account Executive will be to recruit, maintain and assist advertisers and sponsors in fulfilling their marketing strategies through the advertising channels of the association. Account Executive will work on offerings including but not limited to The American Quarter Horse Journal, championship show programs, digital offerings, event sponsorships and AQHA program sponsorships. He/She will work with the advertisers to develop a comprehensive plan within AQHA deliverables to achieve that company’s marketing objectives. An advertising executive may be asked to consult with advertisers in composing advertisements and setting up complete advertising programs. They will serve as a public relations liaison for AQHA media items with advertisers and industry figures with commercial companies, at selected major shows, sales and events.
• Maintain good relationships with clients to ensure continuous business growth.
• Maintain assigned account bases while developing new accounts.
• Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
• Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
• Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
• Assist in collecting payments on accounts once they become 60 days past due.
• Maintain contacts, book insertions, run reports and become fluent in a CRM system.
• Present, sell and fulfill innovative and creative ideas for revenue programs within the Sales Department.
• Review media placements and ad campaigns to ensure they meet all clients’ specifications.
• Communicate with other AQHA departments to stay current on AQHA business, new projects, and opportunities that could impact AQHA clients.
• Participate in other AQHA departmental meetings as needed.
• Continually grow job/industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Attend various AQHA and industry events to foster relationships with current and prospective clients and industry leaders.
• Visit key advertisers and sponsors to further relationships as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• Ability to communicate, present and influence
• Proven ability to position products against competitors
• Good understanding of how Brands communicate with their audiences
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, sales or related field
• Minimum of five years of experience as a sales executive
• Working knowledge of equine industry
To apply, please click here - https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/AME1106AQHA/JobBoard/f282b069-02dd-4471-9644-66a49e25c398/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=fc9e427d-409d-4671-bbb0-54d5158f3c27
Position Announcement: Foundation Communications Coordinator
The Foundation for the Horse
The Foundation Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing and public relations endeavors for the American Association of Equine Practitioners, with an emphasis on its charitable arm, The Foundation for the Horse. In this full-time role, you will have the ability to directly impact an association and its Foundation dedicated to improving the health and welfare of horses.
This position is key to The Foundation for the Horse’s emphasis on communicating effectively with its various constituencies, including donors, prospects, volunteers, and the equine industry at large.
• Recommend, create, and evaluate content for media releases, social media, newsletters, e-blasts, advertising, annual report, marketing and development collateral, website, and other print and digital content in a timely manner.
• Create and execute marketing, public relations, and social media plans for The Foundation, and manage platforms that support its strategic plan.
• Maintain brand standards and compliance across the organization.
• Oversee projects working with outside agencies as needed.
• Coordinate photography and video production as needed, and curate associated photo and video libraries.
• Manage the design of special booth displays and inventory of all required equipment and materials.
• Other marketing and communications projects as needed.
• An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or related field.
• Three years of experience working in a non-profit or membership-based organization, preferably within development/fundraising.
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing marketing and public relations campaigns.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing to a diverse audience.
• Mission-driven and goal-oriented.
• Preference consideration for applicants with development or equine industry experience.
The AAEP and The Foundation for the Horse is headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY.
To apply, please submit resume and a one-page cover letter to:
Director of Marketing & PR