Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
The American Quarter Horse Association is seeking a Director of Champions Shows
Located in Amarillo, Texas
Primary function is to provide overall direction of AQHA’s Championship Shows with guidance from the AQHA Chief Show Officer, CFO/CSO, CEO and Executive Committee. Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities related to AQHA’s Championships Shows that deliver an unparalleled experience for the Association’s members. An ideal candidate would have proven senior management experience in a highly dynamic setting and enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. Organization, communication and leadership skills should be second to none with a strong focus on follow through. The Director of Championships Shows will work closely with the Chief Show Officer to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success for AQHA.
• Serve as show coordinator for AQHA’s championship show series; Level 1, VRH, AQHYA, Select, AQHA World Championship Shows and Regional Championships.
• Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
• Work with the Show Department Business Manager in the development of financial and budgetary plans for the championship shows, ensuring activities are delivered under budget.
• Oversee relationships with external partners and vendors including RFP procurement and contract negotiations.
• Annually review and recommend possible changes for the championship show handbooks and the AQHA Official Handbook of Rules and Regulations.
• Serve as a staff liaison for the AQHA Show Committee and Show Council.
• Coordinate, investigate and respond to complaints with regards to violations of show rules.
• Provide support for the overall success of the AQHA show program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
• Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased success.
• Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings.
• Masterful organizational, communication and leadership skills demonstrated by previous professional success.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources with a focus on follow through.
• Bachelor's degree or on-the-job work-related experience.
To apply, please click here - https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/AME1106AQHA/JobBoard/f282b069-02dd-4471-9644-66a49e25c398/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=acf8fb5d-6615-4d1a-81a6-1ead6d4ceb9b
The Arabian Horse Association is seeking a Full-Time National Events Coordinator. The ideal candidate is someone who is a team player that is innovative, self-motivated and passionate about the industry. If you feel you are the person for this role please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position works remotely at least 4 days a week.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Member of the Events and Marketing team that assists with all aspects of national events and some aspects of marketing. Contributes to department's overall efforts by accomplishing various tasks as needed. This position will serve as an internal coordinator for all AHA National Events.
· Serves as a resource for assigned AHA National Events. Works closely with AHA departments on event projects up through and including follow-up needed to ensure projects are completed accurately and on time. Responsible for monitoring deadlines and/or assignments and notifying supervisor and/or respective commissions of problems or issues.
· Prepares agendas, reports, and materials needed for site inspections, planning meetings, and conference calls being responsible for accurate and timely.
· Provides and ensures updates to the website for events are done.
· Oversees the preparation of contracts, travel arrangements and related logistics as needed for all officials, employees, and service vendors for each event.
· Coordinates shipping of all supplies and materials; oversees inventory and storage of supplies and materials.
· Maintains organization of warehouse.
· Provides graphics staff with necessary insertion detail for show program and coordinates production of printed material required including prize list and programs, etc. according to timelines established assuring appropriate proof reading is conducted.
· Serves as the lead on all National Event Programs and Omnibus (prize list)
· Requires travel to events as necessary which may entail travel up to four weeks out of the year.
· Develops and completes and/or coordinates necessary record keeping, reports, minutes, spreadsheets, timelines, reports, etc. for assigned events following departmental standards.
· Prepares on-going event status reports as required; regularly communicates status to supervisor and other respective staff and commissions.
· Organizes Commercial Exhibits for National Events.
· Maintains excellent communication and working relationships with department staff, all other AHA employees, volunteers, customers, committees, commissions, etc.
· Assists other department members by answering phones and processing work during peak times.
· Other duties as assigned.
• Authorization to work in the U.S.
• Authorization to travel internationally
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Can walk, stand, and sit for long periods.
• Able to work on a computer for long periods.
• Able and willing to travel up to 25% of time including some weekends.
• Travel is required to all National Shows and Convention.
• Able to work weekends and overtime when necessary.
• Bachelor Degree in Equine Science, Business or Events; or two years equivalent experience.
• Proven experience in planning large multi-faceted special events (preferably within the agricultural industry).
• Advanced PC/Software skills through Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to work effectively independently and with a team. Cooperation and flexibility of the team is important.
• Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment or a non-profit environment.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in terms of both internal and external audiences.
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
• Excellent customer service experience: ability to work with difficult people in difficult situations.
The Arabian Horse Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Position Title: Account Manager, Western Horseman, Barrel Horse News, Quarter Horse News, BHN and QHN Stallion Registers, NBHA and WCBRA
Work Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Start Date: open
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to VP Enthusiast and Equine Division
MCC Magazines, specifically, the Morris Equine Publishing Group is seeking an energetic, highly confident, hard-working and self-motivated individual to retain and grow our existing base of clients as well as generate new social, digital, print and sponsorship advertising revenues. This will be accomplished by assessing the business’s needs and developing partnerships with clients through in-person (and virtual) sales calls along with networking events, and digital and social media interaction.
The Account Manager will craft customized proposals while offering solutions to meet our clients’ goals. Through effective execution of prospecting, unparalleled account service along with innovative approaches to curating new business, the Account Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding individual issue and monthly digital revenue goals for the company.
To be a successful leader of the sales department, one must be a consummate professional, ethical and able to juggle multiple tasks while building a long-term business relationship with prospective and active advertising clients. It is imperative that the Account Manager embodies the mission and morals of the Morris Media Network company while representing the Morris Equine Group Brands; Quarter Horse News, QuarterHorseNews.com, QHN Stallion Register, Western Horseman, WesternHorseman.com, Barrel Horse News, BarrelHorseNews.com and our event properties, Road to the Horse, National Barrel Horse Association and West Coast Barrel Horse Association.
• Expand sales by upselling and growing current accounts in addition to recruiting and finding new advertisers for the magazine and our portfolio of products including digital, events and custom publishing
• Build and generate ongoing customer relationships to provide strategic marketing plans in order to meet customer’s sales expectations
• Establish and develop client relationships, contact key accounts, work with clients at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, collections, weekly projections and forecast of future advertising
• Generate advertising sales packages, negotiate advertising rates and programs, schedule and oversee creative campaigns and create oral and written presentations
• Develop short term and long range ad campaign plans with an eye on revenue growth
• Attain individual monthly, quarterly and annual advertising sales revenue goals while maintaining corresponding reports for management
• Other job-related functions as required
Base pay plus commissions and annual incentive
A University or College degree along with 3-5 years minimum outside media sales experience including social, digital, print, broadcast, OOH or similar. In addition to 5-8 years of Equine industry work experience is preferred.
This position operates from a Fort Worth, Texas professional office environment. This role routinely uses cloud and VPN based office equipment such as laptops computers, telephones, mobile phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as sales and marketing job duties demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, present, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and effectively speak and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Morris Communications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Morris Communications complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send resume and cover letter to John Lunn at firstname.lastname@example.org