Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
The Chronicle of the Horse offers a remote, part-time editorial internship for people interested in horses and journalism. Our internship gives interns a real feel for publishing. We work with the intern, offering personal attention and a level of responsibility fitted to the individual. Successful candidates arrive at the Chronicle ready to hit the ground running thanks to strong writing skills, familiarity with our products and in-depth sport horse knowledge. We are proud of our program. The Chronicle offers a chance to grow.
• Posting web stories
• Writing news, features and other content for The Chronicle of the Horse magazine, coth.com and Untacked
• Interviewing experts for profiles or features
• Assisting editors and reporters with projects
Normal hours are flexible, but Monday mornings are required.
• Strong writing background
• In-depth knowledge of English horse sports; a competitive background is strongly suggested
• Interest in a journalism career
• Familiarity with WordPress
• Knowledge of AP Style and multimedia skills helpful
• Talent for photography helpful
Compensation is $7.25/hour or academic credit.
Most of the editorial staff at the Chronicle started their careers as interns. The internship is a great fit for college graduates as well as top college students. Graduates of our internship program have gone on to work at news outlets like Practical Horseman, In Stride, The Horse, Condé Naste Traveler, Horse-Journal and CBC among others. Other former interns are now working in fields of equine photography and public relations, and others work as freelance writers.
In the past interns have written cover stories for The Chronicle of the Horse magazine, produced behind-the-scenes videos at events, blogged for coth.com and pitched ideas for projects to the editorial staff that we helped them carry out.
We accept applications on a rolling basis.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send résumé, cover letter, equestrian background, two writing samples and availability.
The Paulick Report, North America's leading independent horse racing publication, is seeking a weekend news editor. This position will be responsible for creating, editing, and aggregating content, including coverage of graded stakes racing on Saturdays and Sundays. The successful applicant will also be tasked with maintaining the publication's social media feeds on those days.
The weekend news editor will need to be proficient with or able to quickly learn WordPress, Google Suite and basic photo editing software. The job requires a reliable internet connection and computer.
A background in racing is required and journalism experience is preferred. The position is part-time with variable hours and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume along with a link to published work or a writing sample to email@example.com.
For more information about the Paulick Report please visit https://www.paulickreport.com/about-us/
Job Opening: Office Administrator
Hansen Dam Horse Park is looking for an Office Administrator who will work under the supervision of the Operations Manager. This is a full-time position.
HDHP operates a 38-acre facility which includes stabling for 200 horses, training businesses, a riding school, and events: horse shows, clinics, cultural events, parties and meetings. The Office Administrator is responsible for overseeing the boarding and other space rental functions, including confirming contracts, daily stall checks, managing data for monthly invoicing, reporting and confirming facility repairs, interacting with HDHP trainers, clients and staff, and dealing with mail and package deliveries.
Full Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
Salary range of $30,000-$35,000, plus possible perks
Lake View Terrace, California
Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of horses and horse industry
• Strong people skills (Enjoy interacting in person, over the phone and email.)
• Comfortable working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and email
• Ability to interface with professional horsemen and coworkers
• Ability to complete administrative duties independently and efficiently
The successful person will:
• Thrive working as part of a dynamic, focused team in a collaborative manner
• Take responsibility for their actions, as well as contribute to the Team
• Enjoy administrative work in an equestrian office environment
• Take daily barn and facility walks double checking horses and spaces
• Be responsible for tracking all horses, trailers, and other rental spaces
• Understand and seek to master one’s primary responsibilities and job duties
• Provide support to others when asked or as needed
• Embrace the challenges and rewards of working for a small, growing company
• View education as a life-long process; seek to learn and grow
For more information please contact:
Please provide a resume and letter of introduction that includes work and education experience and two references. We do have an office cat and dog, please do not apply if you have allergies.